Saturday, December 17, 2011

Matt Continues to Improve...

Matt's first night home from the hospital caused quite a stir - when his wife Jessie was awakened and Matt was having another seizure! She urgently tapped on my door, and while she was trying to keep Matt on his side, I quickly dialed 9-1-1! My heart sunk and prayers of pleading began - as we waited for the paramedics and ambulance to arrive.
After an all night stay in the emergency room, they increased Matt's anti-seizure medications. By then - Matt had come back to us! At first he didn't know he had surgery or what was happening to him - but eventually it all came back!
Since then however, Matt is doing very well! His speech is good, motor skills unaffected and he seems completely normal. All except his absent-mindedness which frustrates him. But it's doable!
Continued prayers are so necessary for complete healing. I cannot wait to see them for Christmas - as Matt wanted to spend Christmas morning with us! I feel like I'M the kid now! Ha ha! Soo much to do to prepare...but I am elated to have my son and daughter-in-law for Christmas! Still praying about everyone else!!!!! Time will tell!!!

No comments: