Thursday, March 19, 2009

Now THAT'S what I call a GIGANTUOUS tractor . . .























We recently visited family in Indiana and before we ventured home, we stopped in for lunch with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law Dave and Ann Wilson.
After lunch and a short visit - Dave saw us off at the hangar before taking off for home . . .
When I looked into the hangar - there sat the LARGEST tractor I have ever seen in my life!!! It was HUGE! The pictures DO NOT do it justice!

I think my head barely reached the rim on the tractor's tire! I was a tad skeptical to climb the stairs to get up into the cab of it - but I mustered up the courage! Yikes! It's a LONG way up there! And once you're there - it seems to be a WHOLE LOT LONGER to get down! Shew!!!
Be careful if you're prone to nose bleeds!
I forgot to ask Dave how tall it was - but it was MAMOUTH!!!!!!!

A GIANT!!!!
Dave and Ann, along with their son Tim own and operate Wilson Farms in Kingman, IN along with other surrounding areas in Indiana.

The seat's tractor was really AWESOME! Dave said that it corrected itself 500 x per/something - but I forgot the something - was it a minute? Anyway, due to the fact that the tractor has no shocks - the seat is comfy and it bounces as if you're on air - which in affect allows the driver to plow in the comfort in a climate controlled cab without feeling the rough terrain they're plowing!

WOW! It is an AMAZING machine!!! To say least!!! And quite an impressive tractor - making farming the land a whole lot faster and time effective! Plowing can now be done in record time - reducing it drastically because of the capasity to plow at a wider width!

Correct me if I'm wrong Dave - I'm trying to remember everything you said!
Here is the correction from Dave:
The tractor ( Case IH Steiger) is almost 13' tall, the seat corrects 5000 times a minute for comfort, it has GPS auto steer, auto gear shifting, auto field implement adjustment, pulls a 42' wide plow, pulls a wagon that holds one semi load of corn (1000bu) and weighs over 25 tons.

Happy Farming!!! Now I know you'll be doing it in style!!!!! :)





























No comments: