Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My son Matt's Craniotomy Successful! I hope I said that right!

The brain surgery was necessary for my son! It was a day we all dreaded, but knew it had to be done! It was a cavernous angioma! It was what caused his last 2 strokes! (Only we suspect 3). It had to be cut out! After an enormously LONG day and many Mi's later, the very willed surgeon, Dr. Mina proceeded to remove the culprit vein!

After surgery they moved him to ICU where he spent the night! The nurses didn't want us to stay long, so we left the hospital for the night! We felt that Matt was in good hands. When we were finally able to see him, we found him alert, talking like a chatter box and asking countless questions! I was amazed!!!
The outpouring of love and support astounded me! My son is truly blessed of God! A loving wife, countless friends and faithful prayer partners have all helped to make this difficult season of life more bearable!
Hoping today he will leave the ICU and be moved to his own room! Only time will determine the outcome of his surgery - but I'm hopeful!!!
I will do my utmost to update his progress!
For today I am bursting with gratitude! We do serve an awesome God!!!

No comments: