Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Peace be still....JW laid to rest today...

Our long-time friend JW Abney was laid to rest today in Greenfield, TN.  The funeral service was held at the First Baptist Church of Greenfield, TN.   JW grew up in Greenfield, TN and the 1st Baptist Church was wehre JW first was saved, baptised, preached his first sermon, buried his Mother, buried his Aunt, and had countless friends to attend...and mourn his  home-going.

I wanted to go, but there was too much turbulence - so we couldn't fly in. 

We called the airport there and had a car available to us to drive to the church to attend the service.  But once I heard that there would be turbulence - I opted NOT to go.  I didn't want to risk having flight troubles!  I'm a nervous flyer!

I know JW is with the Lord......happy and reuniting with those gone before him.

No comments: