Friday, June 3, 2011

Making Progress

.....it's been a very . . . s  l  o  w  . . . process in getting my daughter and family moved into their new rental house!  The landlord didn't do as promised - and there are countless bugs, spider eggs, webs, yuk!  Not to mention - no mirror in the bathroom, the towel racks are gone...or broken and only one half of the holder is semi-hanging onto the wall!  What a mess.....and dirty...dirty...dirty!  The landlord didn't clean, didn't paint, didn't clean the carpets.....Didn't do anything he promised.  Then of course, there are lots of spiders and a multiple pesty baby praying mantises!

I'm trying to NOT be so cynicle....but I'm a landlord...and I would NEVER rent out a house in this condition!!!

After installing towel racks and other multiple little projects....the house is finally looking like a home!!!  Yeah!!!

Final touches today were hopefully successful.....like trying to fix the broken drawer in my daughter's dresser that the moving company busted to smitherines.....that took some doing.  Of course, we won't know if it works until the wood glue dries!

The outside has a little more work though - as we discovered poison ivy in the front walkway....and in back by the river bank.  I also discovered a huge sink-hole.  I am praying the kids never go to investigate or accidently fall into it!

I really don't think they're going to live here very long.....It was just a temporary move to get them into the state of Tennessee and out of the boondocksville of Ohio!

2 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Please consider putting a follow wedgit on this blog.
I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

Wilson News said...

My daughter walked me through it! I now have a "Follow me" widget. Thanks! :)