Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Painting...Cleaning...and Staging the Devonshire house...


I have to say - that since the tenants moved out - we have our work cut out for us.  Listing the house on the market is a lot of work!  Whew!  So - today - we took a trailer load of furniture and a car load of flowers, plants and lamps, etc. to set up the house for the "Grand Open House day."

What I discovered was that I really miss my Devonshire house....and I would really like to move back into it!

I caught myself nearly tearing up because I had errands to run in town - and it was just down the road from my old house....I just miss that place.  I miss the space....my red livingroom...the color scheme in the old dining room, my bookshelves...the old green room - now den...the apartment with the extra kitchen and the extra bedrooms whenever we had company over.  I miss the large bedrooms too.  The bathrooms....the GARAGE!!!!!  Oh yes...I miss the garage...the porch.....everything!  I regret ever leaving it!

But who wouldn't want a house with 4685 square feet??!  The house we are in now is only 2300 sf and very small bedrooms.  The vaulted living room looks impressive - but I dislike the echo and the fact that the sound disappears.  I DO LOVE the kitchen though.  Especially the drawers that hold all my pots and pans!  I love the view in the back yard - but NOT the wind that accompanies it all the time!  The howling gets on my nerves!  But - we always know which way the wind blows!!!

The Devonshire house needs work....new windows.....2 new furnace units, (ugh!).....a new kitchen - because it is too outdated!  And now the landscape needs work thanks to the former tenants - who proceeded to TAKE OUT ALL OUR TREES and a lot of our shrubs too!!!!! I am working up a price list of damages!  I have yet to gather all my pictures before and after together to make sure I list everything removed!!!

Sigh........
I miss my house and I want to move back!

Just don't know if we can afford it now...but I'm praying!  God always provided before!!!

We need work...we need an income!  This past year has been very difficult for us - and then when Steve crashed his plane - he wasn't able to work a lot of last year!

The one problem that Steve is concerned about is that he is far from his airplane.  If we moved back to Hendersonville - his plane is still in the hangar in Portland.  Gallatin is the closest airport - and the hangar cost is too expensive! 

Dilemma....dilemma...dilemma...

Guess I'll be praying a lot for God's will and direction for our lives!!!





No comments: