Monday, January 11, 2010

A Surprise House Guest...


Yesterday I got an unexpected call asking me to go and get a little girl and watch her.  I responded - and I drove to pick up a little girl named Natalie.  Her mother is expecting to have another baby any day now - and her pa pee, (as she calls him), is with Steve on a job project in California.

So I brought her to my house - and tried to get her settled in to stay with me for a while.  I managed to dig out all my grandma box toys, (something I put away since my grandchildren left for Ohio), blow up an air mattress for her bed to sleep in, rearrange the room she would be staying in and began to get to know my new little friend.  She is precious!!!

I'm still in the process of learning her language....."ba ca".....means BAD CAT!  OH YES!!!  I did teach her first off that I have a very bad kitty and to stay away from her or she would bite her!  Sometimes - I really think I need to part ways with my persnickity Snickers!  She is the worst cat I have EVER owned!!!  Very unfriendly...even to me!!!

I hadn't planned for a little - and so dinner was sandwiches.  I thought peanut butter and jelly would win her heart - but she wouldn't touch it!  Rather - she wanted the meat from my sandwich.  She must be her daddy's girl!  She loves meat!!!  That and chips - she LOVED the potato chips and asked for more.

She is only 2 and doesn't articulate herself well enough to fully understand what she is saying - so I taught her the word more in sign language.  She picked it up in record speed!!!  Now she "signs" she wants more!  She sure won my heart!!!

She is a precious and beautiful  little girl!!!  And quite a cuddle bug!  While I was sitting on the couch - she plopped herself down beside me, layed her head down and cuddle up next to me!  Yep - she won my heart!

I'm wondering what today will hold???!!! 

I think that we will venture down to the store and find her a coat.  She only has a windbreaker...and it's soooo very cold here - a whole 9 degrees!  I think she needs more than a windbreaker!!!

I was planning on going to the Devonshire house today - to set up the 2 kitchens with silverware, etc. but maybe I will postpone that endeavor for now.


No comments: