Friday, March 12, 2010

Appliance treasure hunt....A TOTAL Waste of Time!!!

Ha ha!  Well.... not exactly a treasure in the hunt for a stove for our rental apartment - but I found an ad on Craigslist and called about the stove she had for sale.  The picture looked good!  I asked her if it was clean and fairly new.  Her response was a most definate, "Yes!".

I met my son Josh at the Walmart and with GPS in hand, along with the address that took us out to the country - we were ready to pick up this stove and deliver it to my rental house.  However, when we arrived at the destination - we still couldn't see where to go!  There were no clear markings or addresses on this country road.  So, I called the woman back and she told me to look for a gravel driveway and it would take me back to the house!
Well....after finding the driveway...we were scared to drive on it!  The road was very narrow and steep, the gravel too big to really drive on without tremendously being jolted...but we persevered!
By the time we drove up the steep bumpy road that seemed to go on forever - we finally found the house - and definatley NOT visible from the road!  I never would have attempted the drive with my car.  It was bad enough with my son's truck!
Long story short....we found the house and found the stove - to my horror!!!!  It was situated outside exposed to the elements, filthy and filled with tons of grease in the oven and under the burner coils on the top!  I declined and we left!  WHEW!  That was quite an adventure that Josh and I will be laughing about for a LONG while!  The lady wanted premium dollar for it - but there is NO WAY anyone in their right mind would buy such a heap of junk.....and filthy to boot!!!  Yuk!
I ended up going to Home Depot and found one on sale WITH warranty and the delivery was FREE!  I like FREE.....and the fact that I don't have to lift and move it.   

No comments: