Friday, April 1, 2011

Spot of Tea Send off

Well it was quite a whirlwind week pack-filled with all kinds of things on our agenda to do while my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren visited. 
We toured the Octagon Hall Civil War Museum, (http://www.franklinky.info/attraction_detail.php?ID=10)
 The Shaker's Museum, (http://www.franklinky.info/attraction_detail.php?ID=13).
We went fishing in the pond behind our home, (2nd favorite for the girls - but 1st favorvite for Ben - as he caught a fish!!!  Yeah Ben!), .......
                                  but best of all.....which I think all my grandchildren will account for and agree...
...is....
                                                                  (drum roll please.....)

had a
TEA PARTY!!!


Soon after they packed up headed 'em up and moved 'em out!
But worst of all was their dog Bunny!  She thought it was a fun game to run when we tried to get her.  Seemed as though - she LOVED all the fields she could jump and run in - and most intriguing was that killdeer bird's nest!  Luckily mother bird did her famous faking a broken wing act and Bunny chased the bird away from the nest!
FINALLY!!!  I ran around the house - from front to back and chased her in toward the house.....Michelle nearly had her - but she escaped - yet again!  But luckily she ran onto the porch where we trapped her.  She escaped through grandson Ben's legs and Michelle finally captured her hiding in the house!  Bad bunny!!!!  Bad dog!!!
Oh well...we'll chalk that up to - yet another memory-making moment!
The Tea party adventure was a success!  Nothing like 100% sugar for breakfast.  Oh well...they didn't mind the cookies, (3 different kinds), Easter malted milk ball eggs, gummies, peanuts, a plate of apples and bananas...but most importantly, the specialty sugar with a pitcher of creamer for their tea! I used all my china and dimitass cups. 
They LOVED IT!  :)
Their conversation was of proper ettiquette in an English tone....went something like this:

"Shall we have a spot of tea?"
"Lovely, simply lovely"
"Yes, thank you, a spot of tea would be most appreciated"
"How are your children doing?" "Are they still alive?"
(Oh my gosh...I had to hold my laughter!!!)

I LOVED their dialect!  It blessed my heart to no end!!!
I LOVE creating memories!
Hopefully they will remember this tea party for the rest of their lives!  I know I will!!!

I miss them all already!!!





3 comments:

RichFam said...

The kids were still talking about that tea party on the way home. They had so much fun! Thanks for putting up with us! See you next week for Ben's birthday! (wink, wink). Ha ha. :o)

Wilson News said...

It was such a great week...and so much bonding time too! I loved that Chloe came to me...and called me Grandma too! And sweet Hannah just was a little hug-a-bug!!! Mwua! I love them....It was such a GREAT week...and I'm still smiling! Soo excited too that Ben caught a fish! Yeah!!! Bek was so prim and proper and TOTALLY in her element during the tea party! YES...WE'll have to have "Grandma's Tea Party" every time you come!!! :)

Covnitkepr1 said...

Just checking back to read any postings you may have written. The offer to follow my blog is still open as always.