Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bell Shoals Baptist Church

My son-in-law Jay wanted to go to another church before they left Florida and chose to go to Bell Shoals Baptist Church, located in Brandon, Florida.  I didn't know much about the church - but from my first visit - I began to realize how much they are really heavily into missions.  I was very impressed with the service - but also the lobby before you get into the sanctuary!  It's a HUGE church that took up the entire block - if not more!  It seemed odd being situated in a quiet residential area!  I think it took about 2 hours to get to by car....maybe it was only an hour...but it seemed like more.
I thought the GO in the sanctuary was really neat - in that the "O" was the world that went around and around continuously....reinforcing the scripture that says to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, and baptise them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"

No comments: