Tuesday, November 24, 2009

O' Magnify the Lord... and forsake not the assembly of one another...


Sunday, November 22nd we got up extra early and got ready, grandchildren dressed, bathed and fed, and took a 2 hour drive to attend the Saint Andrews Chapel in Sanford, Florida to hear Dr. R. C. Sproul preach.  When we arrived I had no idea what to expect....but found the grounds breathtakingly beautiful!!!  It was an adventure in itself just walking along the path to get to the church and there were signs along the way steering us in the right direction.

From the moment we entered the sanctuary - I felt the awesome presence of the Lord...the bulletin we had received seemed more like a manual - filled with information explaining that the musical prelude was to reflect the Lord in reverence.  There had to be at least 600 people sitting in perfect silence all reflecting upon our Lord and Savior.  It was an experience that I cannot begin to explain in words.  Had I written my thoughts at the moment - I would have written a poetic symphony of emotions all simultaneously flooding my soul and spirit!

I wanted to stop the hands of time to soak in the beauty...the reverence...the angelic choir that echoed throughout the cross-shaped sanctuary...the enormous pipe organ, the dynamic pillars, stained glass windows, the intrically engraved wood beams and columns, pews and lecturn.  It was so heavenly.....
 I couldn't help but sense that perhaps a small glimpse of Heaven - yes...Heaven will be so much more, so much more dynamic...granduous.....reverently.....HOLY!  I have no words to adequately explain it.

I realized how much we need our Savior.....and how I yearn to be in His presence so much more...so very much more!  I love Him so!

Dr. R.C. Sproul preached and unfortunately, due to his recent illness, we were unable to meet with him personally.

All I have wanted to do is go back and I wish I lived closer, because I would go again...and again....and again...
It was an awesome worship service...just awesome!

No comments: