Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Turtle in the garage.....Oh my!!!

Today I was quite startled when I went into the garage and found a large turtle sitting next to my car.  I called Chris to come quickly!  I took a few pictures and then we discussed how we were going to redirect this little fella and set  him on a new course outside!

However, when Chris put his foot close to his back...the turtle turned violent and HISSED and LUNGED toward Chris!  We must have both jumped 5' high!!!  Yikes!  I had sandals - and my toes were uncomfortably close to his mouth!  Ha ha!  I think my adreneline is STILL pumping hours later!

After we took refuge on the steps - we ventured closer to the turtle....Chris took a shovel and helped scoot him out of the garage and onto the grass.  He - or she took off and found another place to hide under our neighbor's bushes! 

Whew!  I won't soon forget that one!!!  Ha ha!!!

No comments: