Sunday, November 28, 2010

...A long time friend passes on....

A long-time friend of ours - JW Abney (James Waren), passed away peacefully Saturday morning, November 27, 2010 at 4:45am.  A day I won't have any trouble remembering - as it was also my grand daughter Chloe's 1st birthday!  I meant to post this yesterday - but time got away from me from the hustle and bustle of my daughter and family visiting for our Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration.

JW fought a good fight against lung cancer, and he stayed faithful to the end that God could heal him completely.  God did heal him completely - as he now resides in the Kingdom of God...Heaven - where he is completely whole, completely healed, no longer suffering, and at HOME with the Lord...in the joy of God's presence!

Where we will go also one day -  IF we confess Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior - and invite Him to live inside our hearts - confessing our sin - we will have as our eternal HOME also!

JW loved the Lord!  He was a retired pastor in the Baptist denomination.  He left behind his wife, June and his 2 sons and their families.  JW was also the pastor who performed the wedding ceremony for my daughter Michelle and son-in-law Jay's wedding.  He will be greatly missed.

Although he resided in Nashville, TN for countless years - he wished to have his final resting place in Greenfield, TN where his mother (Mother Thatcher) and his Aunt Ruby are buried.  His former stomping grounds - the town where he grew up.

The funeral services for JW will be at:

The First Baptist Church
3127 N. Meridian St
 Greenfield, TN
Date: Wednesday, December 1st.
Time: 2:00pm

In lieu of flowers the family has requested that In Memory donations be sent to:

Dalewood Baptist Church
1586 McGavock Pike
Nashville, TN.

A Memorial Service will be held at Dalewood Baptist at a later date...TBA...

James Warren ABNEY / ABNEY, James Warren Age 78 of Nashville. Nov. 27, 2010. Survived by wife, June E. Abney, Nashville; sons, Terry Abney of Old Hickory, TN & Mike Abney of Martin, TN; 7 grandchildren; 3 great grandchildren.

Service 2 p.m. Dec. 1, First Baptist Church, Greenfield, TN. Burial Greenfield Highland Cemetery.
Memorial services 2 p.m. Dec. 2, Dalewood Baptist Church, Nashville.

 In lieu of  flowers, send to Dalewood Baptist Church.

Visitation Nov. 30, 4-8 p.m. at WILLIAMS FUNERAL HOME, 731-235-2224

 
The unique and interesting fact about JW's passing was that he died on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Three years prior - his mother also died on the Saturday after Thanksgiving!  3 years to the day!  I found that fascinating!  It is the Lord who determines our days on this earth ....and His ways are higher than ours and so many things we cannot begin to understand in the reasonings.  Yes, JW loved God!  He loved Jesus and now is a resident in an eternal mansion in perfect health and reuniting with his mother, his aunt, and countless others who have gone on before him.  He will be missed.  I still hear his voice....I think I always will!

He was thankful......so very thankful!  From this day forward whenever I think about JW - I will not be able to separate him from the word......THANKFUL!  His last words to me echo in my mind, "Thank you!"
He loved life, he loved people, but most importantly he loved the Lord and spent his life serving Him.

Time seems to be at a stand-still....even through the busyness of my daughter's visit and departure early this morning.  I realize just how short life really is!  What we do EVERY day of our lives has importance and leaves a trickling affect in others' lives.  I wonder who was impacted and who WILL be impacted by the rippling of JW's lifetime?!  I believe that countless will and are!

My heart is enormously saddened this morning!  But it's filled with emense mixed emotions.....I'm so thankful that JW is very alive and well on the other side of Jordan!  IN a city that never dies - with God as the Light - and Jesus who illuminates every heart, every soul - every facet and intricate corner of a Kingdom that lasts forever!  What's it like?  I find myself wondering with anticipation - and even more so with each passing day!  Especially with the ever increasing fact that this world is becoming more corrupt by the mili-second! And ALL the prophecy's are rapidly coming to fruition -  that in the last days men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of pleasure - rather  than lovers of God, rebellious and wicked generation of people who want nothing to do with God and His ways!  Some having a form of righteousness but denying the power of God!  Oh Lord.....have mercy on us - as we are so far removed from your righteousness and holiness!  There will come a day that ALL and every knee will bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of all!

T.I.M.E stands still for some at this very hour....and for others....life goes on without skipping a beat or acknowledging that there are those less fortunate, those who are grieving, those who are oppressed....those who are perishing! 

My heart aches!  My prayers seemingly turning into pleading for help Lord.......Help us!  Continue to pour Your Spirit upon this earth and draw men unto Yourself!  The time is so very short!

God can turn the hardest heart into soft putty!  And those He chooses -  into Oaks of Rightousness!  A planting of the Lord for the display of His Splendor!

If someone put a frame around your life.......What portrait would they see?!  What example would others follow?

My prayers are for June - now a widow, and her family!  May God grant them confort in their time of sorrow, joy in knowing JW has now reuniting with those passed on before him, and peace in knowing that he now resides in a Mansion of Glory forever more - and where some day - we too - will inherit - IF we confess Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior!

I pray that you know Jesus!  If you have no Jesus....you have no peace!  But to know JESUS....is to KNOW peace!  If you don't know him - I pray you'll ask Him into your heart today!

Jesus....is the Author and Perfector of our faith!  The Father of our spirits!  Our Redeemer and Friend!  Our Great Shepherd, our Comforter, our God - who came down in  human flesh, humbling Himself.  He became obedient unto death.  His great love for us - bought us eternal life with Him for all eternity.  Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life...and no man comes unto the Father - except through Him.

Without Him...you will surely perish!  In a lake of burning sulpher, where you do not die, where the thirst is never quenched, where the agony never ends and where men will weep and knash their teeth, in utter darkness forever!  The abyss in eternal torment. 

I pray that you choose LIFE in Christ.........TODAY!

"The Sinners Prayer"

Heavenly Father
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of my sins.
I confess with my mouth and believe with my heart that Jesus is your Son
 I know that You God came down in human form and
 was born of the Virgin Mary and died on the Cross at Calvary 
so that I might be forgiven and have Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven.
 Father, I believe that Jesus rose from the dead on the third day
and I ask you right now to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and Savior.
 I know that I am a sinner and I repent of my Sins
I want to worship You all the day's of my life!
 I know you are the Way,  your word is the Truth, and You are the Life
 I confess with my mouth and believe that Jesus is the Lord of all.
I thank you Father that I am born again
and cleansed by the Blood of Jesus!
In Jesus Name, Amen.
 
If you read the Sinners Prayer and truly believe the words you read, then praise the Lord as you have been saved and your name will appear in the "Lambs Book of Life!"

Romans 10:9-13

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with thy mouth confession is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be Saved.


No comments: