Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sad News Today......

I took my cat to the veterinarian today.  She's not herself and stopped eating.  But also stopped using the potty...and acting funny.  Acting like she can't breathe, she gets sick a lot lately.  So I took her to see the vet to find out why.

From their records - she had breast cancer...and had massive masectomy to remove it 2 years ago and has done very well since then.

But the xrays today showed that she is developing fluid in her lungs.  They think that it's from another tumor of some sort - and that she needs to be put down.

As sad as it is - I know they are right. 

I would have done it today - but my son Chris wouldn't be able to say goodbye.....

So meanwhile.....she has a few more days with us.  the vet drained the fluid from her lungs.  I felt bad - as I heard her screaming! :(

It's so hard to lose a family member.  She's been a part of our lives for over 16 years!  It will be so strange not having her here anymore.

Sad day.....Poor Snickers!

No comments: