Sunday, February 20, 2011

Meet Sadie....Our new Furry Friend...

Yes!  I had a weak moment....and have been longing for my deceased furry friend!  I do miss Snickers....but I can't bring her back!  I miss a multitude of things.....but mostly to pet her soft fur.  So - I've been looking for a replacement.  It won't be the same - but a little furry friend is nice to have around.

So...in walks Sadie. Actually - we looked online on the Internet for a while - and then visited local animal shelters.  We settled for a very clean and very health-conscious Hendersonville Humane Shelter. 

All new animals are isolated - and then checked out with a vet, tested for any disease - and fixed before being ready for adoption.  She's a sweet little thing, (but scared of her environment!).  I would be too if I was stuck in a cage for strangers to walk by me every day and see dogs and all sorts of things all day long!  She is a little tabby with white on her.  She was born in a barn and a little nervous at first around humans!  But she has purred non-stop since bringing her home....and is slowly coming around and warming up to us. 

She's so funny...and so far - we think she may be a kindred furry friend for a long time to come!  She's definately got a strong motor that purrs away at the slightest of things!  She cracks  us up too - and when she finally came to the livingroom - took a running slide acrossed our hardwood floors and smacked into the wall - then JUMPED!  She also spooked herself when she jumped into the wall length mirror trying to get the kitty in the mirror!  Ha ha!  I had to laugh at her innocense.  She's pretty comical for a kitten!  She even extends her paws in peaceful contentment on the hardwood floors.  Yep - I think she is quite happy!

2 comments:

RichFam said...

I am glad you have found a replacement for Snick. I just hope you are ready for a kitten... who likes to jump up on everything and claw the furniture, etc.

But, she is VERY cute! She reminds me a lot of Squeaky in the face! And... did you know that I wanted to name our dog "Sadie"? But, the name "Bunny" was far more perfect for our furry friend.

Enjoy your new baby! :o)

Wilson News said...

Yes...she reminds us a LOT of Squeaky...AND she even squeaks! lol! Yes...she has TONS of energy - but a bundle of fun to watch her! Hopefully she will settle down some in time! I'm not sure I was ready for the baby phase again - but here we are! Oh well! :)