Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snickers worsens...

I regret my decision to keep Snick alive for a few more days.  I should have put her down the day I took her to the Animal Hospital.  It's agonizing to see my poor kitty die slowly....and she is declining little by little.  However, she has purred non-stop.  The vet said that she is telling me that she is content with her environment.

But I see her slowly slipping away.  She doesn't get up and walk around anymore...she just lays there....sleeping mostly - but purring.

It scared me last night - because I thought she had died.  I didn't feel her breathing right away.

If she manages to live until Monday - I have no choice but to take her to the vet again - and  have him put her down.  I feel so bad!  She doesn't appear to be suffering really - especially with her purring.

I tried to force her to eat with a syringe.  The vet gave me this thick brown gel filled with nutrients for cats and so I tried - but she gagged and fought with me.  She even growled at me - and she NEVER growls at me.  So I won't try again.  I read an article that said not to force them to eat - as it's the animal's natural way of the body to shut down.  Meanwhile though - I pray for Monday to hurry and come.  I don't want her to suffer.  What was I thinking???  I could have saved a lot of money too - in the process.  In any case, I have to say that this is a first....to sit on death watch for a cat.  This is angonizing!

My poor Snickers!  My heart is so sad!

No comments: