Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's a Small World....




Today was a different kind of day....I overslept... VERY LATE...which is not usual for me! My internal alarm clock goes off - way too early normally...but today wasn't the case. There was no way to make it to church in Hendersonville, so I decided to visit somewhere close. I had been thinking about it for a while now - but never got up the courage to go somewhere new by myself.
Today was different....and I pulled up and googled churches close by to determine where I would go.
I chose to go a Methodist church only about 5 miles from the house. I had never been to a Methodist church - but after I look up the service times - I thought I'd check it out. Once I arrived at the church - the parking lot was filled to the brim - but not a soul was seen anywhere. I thought maybe they all made it to Sunday School - so I started to go into the sanctuary - only to discover that the service was already in progress and from the view from the door - the entire sanctary, (from what I saw) was filled and no where to sit without being noticed. So I quietly slipped back out - and decided to visit another church even closer from the house - where hopefully the service hadn't begun and I could get there in time. Maybe I'll call the Methodist church....afterall - they said their service times were at 11:00 a.m. and I arrived there at 10:30 a.m. Hmmm!
I arrived at the other church - which was a Baptist Church...and there was no one around - except a few ladies sitting in the small sanctuary. I had seen the church earlier - and wondered about visiting them some day - being that they are so close to us. After inquiring about the service times - I learned that I had arrived just before the worship service started. Unfortunately, the pastor was out sick for the week - and it wasn't a normal service. It was a small congregation - but everyone was very nice. One girl in particular was very nice - and sat next to me to visit with me before the service. During the prayer requests - my ears perked up when I heard the names of my friends from our normal church - asking for prayer for the family for those that lost their daughter, wife, mother, etc. WOW! It's amazing - that in this small church - my friend's names were being lifted up in prayer! That was remarkable to me. My heart still goes out to them during this sorrowful and difficult time. Truly...it's a small world!!!

1 comment:

RichFam said...

Wow, that is strange! Do you think you will visit that church again sometime? During a normal Sunday service?