Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Beautiful Tribute....for an awesome woman!

Today was more of a somber day!  One in which I dreaded - but felt that it was so important that I said my good-byes to a long-time ago friend Glenda Smith.  She helped soo many people and was in intricate part of countless lives! I can still hear her giggle and laugh......  She loved Jesus.....and I have no doubt that she is there in the heavenlies in the presence of God having the time of her life!  I know she will be missed - as there was only one Glenda, and the mold was broken when God made her!

Her funeral service was so beautiful.  Rob Howard played and sang the praise and worship music...and those there sang along.  Glenda would have loved that!  She always loved Rob and his music.  He spoke in what I believe to be the most touching tributes I have ever heard.  We laughed....we cried....we stepped back in time in reminiscense!  Glenda would have been soo tickled!

Many of "The Ramblers" were there.  (A group of women that were close bonded friends that attended church together). Well...what is left of them anyway.  It seems our gatherings now are funerals lately.
It's so hard getting old.....watching one by one slip from this world into the eternal - forever - no 2nd chances HOME!

Glenda died on the same day as my brother-in-law Charley.  His service will be Saturday. 
And tomorrow I have another funeral to attend - the husband of a woman in our old Sunday School class had a heart attack and died yesterday....Such a hard week!

My thoughts are eternal destiny!  Just what do I want my epitaph to say?  What do I want my life to mean?
Have I accomplished all that God created me to do?  Some how - I feel like - not nearly enough....not even close!

No comments: