Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bugling Elks...and a visit to the Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado

This truly has been an enormously pack-filled busy day....but definately will be marked in my memory as one of the greatest memories ever!
To start our day, Juliette took me to the restaurant for breakfast named, "Toast" and I had the absolutely awesome drink I've ever tasted -  Chi Tea Latte'
From there we took a drive up into the mountains to see the elk and got to see more than I have ever seen in my entire lifetime combined...all in one day!  Wow!  I also heard them bugling - which I have never heard before.  It was spectacular.
We ventured up to Trail Ridge Road - but it was closed due to the weather moving in.  I love Estes Park, Colorado.  Even with the cloud-covered skies and snow flurries - I was delighted!  I had one of the most awesome days that I will never forget! 
Juliette took me to the hiking trails - and although snow-packed - we ventured up the trail to the first lake - called Bear Lake.  The snow was so slippery and I had to hang onto the railing all the way up and down the trail.  It was freezing - but so worth the view!  I had forgotten how much I LOVE pine trees and bolders and the Rocky Mountains.....It's just calling me back!!!!

No comments: