Friday, October 9, 2009

Grandpa gets a haircut!



Wow...we drove clear across town, away from Parker and into Aurora so that my dad could get his haircut.  Along the way there were countless hair places....so I began to wonder what's up when we pulled into a small strip mall with a very small hair place situated 5' from the passenger's, (my) door.  He had an appointment - so when we arrived, the lady, (I forgot her name) came up to him and handed him a phone number explaining that Darcie, (which is my brother's new girlfriend), had locked herself out of the house and needed to get ahold of my brother.
So before the haircut Grandpa, (aka...my dad), proceeded to find Jack's new work number that he had on a card inside his wallet.  After trying unsuccessfully to find the number - he informed Darcie of the bad news, hung up and then proceeded to walk with the hair stylist to get his haircut.
What seemed like moments later, a tall slender women, with long dark auburn hair came into the hair salon.  She was carrying a white poodle wrapped in a blanket - which looked exactly like my brother's dog Oggie.  I watched her walk past me directly to my dad and began to put 2 and 2 together - realizing that I was seeing my brother's girlfriend Darcie.
She apologized that she was in her PJ's.... However, they didn't resemble pj's at all....rather she was pretty and very comfortable looking -  wearing sweat pants and shirt  like she had been working out at the gym or something.  I know it may have been embarrassing for her meeting me for the first time like that - but - I wasn't bothered in the least.  She invited me to join her to go next door to Whispers while the stylist finished grandpa's haircut.
Whispers where my brother goes to sing karioke regularly....and so I grabbed my coat and followed Darcie to the place one door down from the salon.
I was a tad out of sorts and felt so clumsy and totally out of my comfort zone - because Whispers is a bar...and I don't go into bars.  I felt better once I discovered that they have already passed the smoking law here  in Colorado - and there was no smoke in the place. Thank goodness!!!
A little later Grandpa joined me and Darcie and we sat - waiting for my brother to get off work and meet with us.
The woman who cut his hair did a really GREAT job - and I can see now why he drove clear across town to see her.....it was one of the best haircuts I have ever seen on him!  Truly!!!  Besides the fact that it was prearranged to meet Jack there... as he didn't get the message that we wanted to meet at his house instead....oh well.....life is life...and now I can see for myself - what part of my brother's world is like.
Soon after  my brother arrived!  Gosh it was soooo great to see him again.  I do love my brother!  Have I ever said that he's my favorite brother???  Hmmm...  :)
Well....never mind the fact that he's my only brother - he's still my favorite!
To top the evening - was the fact that the snow was beginning to fall from the sky....YEAH!!!!!  I get to see SNOW!!!  This truly is an awesome day!!!

No comments: