Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flowers for my mother...

It's long overdue since I've been to Colorado.  It seems like life in itself is so busy - and days blend into weeks, and weeks into months and before I know it - another year has passed by me in what seems like only a moment!!!  I needed to tend to my mother's gravesight last Spring - but too many travels elsewhere kept me away from Colorado.
Thanks to my niece Juliette - we looked up Michaels Arts and Crafts and found a store somewhat close to the cemetery where my mother's gravesight is, found a nice assortment of silk flowers and then ventured over to the Fairmount Cemetery in Denver.
My heart sank when I saw the headstone surrounded with dead flowers and overgrown bushes.  I wished that I had made the trip so much earlier in the year.  The soil from the pots on the side of her headstone had been removed and in its place were dead plants still in the plastic containers; one too large and sitting atop the planter and the other one too small which fell into the empty stone planter.

I situated the flowers temporarily and need to make another trip with new potting soil, tools and garden gloves to finish the work.  I need to fill the planters with soil in order for the silk flowers to stay in place - and also plant fresh flowers in the Spring.

Just the tending to my mother's gravesight draws me back to Colorado. 

Who will be here to tend them when my dad is no longer here either? 

My heart is heavy and longs for my mother! I miss her so much - I miss her every day!  She has been gone now for 3 years....

In silence I weep - there are no words to describe the empty longing....but I so look forward to the day when we will all be together once again!

I reminds me of the song....

What a day of rejoicing that will be.....when we all get to Heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be - when we all see Jesus - we'll jump and shout for victory!!!

I cannot remember the exact words.....
I pray though - that those who aren't following Jesus - will change and turn from their worldly ways....before Christ returns - or they die - whichever comes first!

We MUST choose Jesus and His ways, His life, His Truth....or we will perish eternally!

The scriptures teach us that God cannot be mocked - a man will reap what he sows...
If he sows to the sinful nature - he will die, (an eternal death in the lake of torment where men will weep and knash their teeth),
But if he sows to the Spirit, he will reap eternal life with Christ and God - where there is no sorrow, no pain or tears.....forever and ever more!!!

Our Father, which art in Heaven hollowed be thy name, Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done - on earth as it is in Heaven....

Thy will be done on EARTH....
as it is in Heaven....

So today - if you hear the voice of God calling you by name...my prayers are endless that you will heed God's calling and walk in His Spirit, and in His will....forever!

If you have yet to acknowledge that you are a sinner, and Christ is your Savior who died on the cross to set us free, and raised from the dead on the 3rd day.....I pray you will accept Him into your heart and then go - and sin no more....living out the remainder of your days - praising the God who created you to begin with....and who we will spend an eternity with - only IF we change from our worldly ways....

Therefore - search our hearts Oh God...and know us, find any offensive ways within us - and draw us unto yourself....We call upon the name of Jesus Christ, who was, who is, and who is to come - to set us free from the law of sin and death - and take us unto His own - and write our names in the Lambs Book of Life.....so we may all be together at the wedding supper of the Lamb.

Thank you Jesus!  I love you Lord, my Savior, King, Counselor, Comforter, and very best friend.

No comments: