Thursday, May 12, 2011

Glucose levels down today! Woo hoo!

I awoke early this morning to the sound of a very annoying kitty-cat!  Grrr!  Her alarm clock is NOT favorable!  I had forgotten to shut my door...which I won't do again!!! Needless to say - that I could not get back to sleep and decided to start my day earlier!  :(

First things first.....check my glucose!   This has been the biggest and most challenging battles of my entire life!  I am trying hard to stay within the limits of 20 carbs or less for each meal. (At least it's NOT 20 carbs per DAY!!!  Totally impossible!!!)  I was quite encourage this morning - my glucose reading was 85!  Yippeeee!!!!

Now - to start working on the dreaded workout routine.....THAT will take a little more doing!

While searching for my food calorie/carb counter book - I found the Low-Carb Bible!  It's a beautiful book filled with wonderful pictures and delectable low-carb recipes!  I worked on the zucchini and yellow crooked neck squash with garlic, onion and stewed tomatoes!  I can't figure out the carb-content - but it was soo good!  I think it needs a little bit of basil. 

I'm trying to season without salt.  Salt is my 2nd worst enemy.  My first - is sugar!  NO MORE SUGAR!

If I cannot get my glucose levels under control - the next step is incilin!  NO WAY!!!  I have to get serious!!!

Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.  Psalm 36:5

No comments: