Monday, May 30, 2011

Moving In Day

Shew!  What a day!  HOT HOT HOT!!!  My car temperature read 114 "HOT" degrees!  I am soo thankful that my blower started working again - or I'd be without airconditioning!  Thank you Lord!!!

My daughter Michelle and son-in-law Jay had LOTS of snags in  moving into their new house.  They couldn't get in touch with the landlord - so when they arrived in town - they didn't have a key to the house.
They also discovered that the city wouldn't turn on their water until they saw the lease in person!  So...no water! AND it was Memorial Day Weekend - so businesses are closed until Tuesday!

Their was no choice but to stay in a hotel!  Which is nice - and thankfully Steve was able to get me a room with points.  Remarkably (for a Memorial weekend - and LOTS of travelers - we were able to get rooms and right across the hall from one another!  Yeah!  

The moving truck arrived this morning and I think after a few hours - my daughter was in near tears.  The moving company broke many of their belongings - and then had the nerve to say there is a "deductible" for $500.00.  I think NOT!  They broke it - they pay for it all!

I've never seen such a lack of care for others' things - but to have a long-distance moving company NOT use a GPS!  Crazy!  The one guy's attitude was horrible.  He was mad that he had to work on Memorial Day Weekend!

Anyway - they need to do a claim for all the pieces broken.  The story is lengthy...so I won't go into detail.  I think they need to do a claim for sure though!

F.R.U.S.T.R.A.T.I.O.N.  DOESN'T SEEM TO COME CLOSE!!!

But....on a lighter side of things.....the hotel's swimming pool was mighty inviting after an extremely HOT day of moving...unpacking what little we could without water......(they didn't clean the house - as they promised!)  I think my grandchildren had a GREAT time!!!

Tomorrow....another day.....and more boxes to unpack!  Maybe I'll try to get into the girls' room!  Shew!  Q. Oh where is my hairbrush? A.  In a box!  Ha ha ha!  Just kidding!

Thank you Lord - for another day!  I'm praying for a better - more productive day - WITH water!!! :)

No comments: