Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Worst lab technition ever! And I met her today!!!

I had to go in to the doctor's office this morning for routine lab work.  I thought it would be a piece of cake!  Easy - peezy!  In and out - and back home so I could eat...but more importantly was to have a cup of COFFEE!!!!!  This was a fasting lab work.  I dislike those - but, at times they're necessary!
As I sat in the little lab room - the nurse proceeded to do her routine and when she went to draw blood - it didn't work....instead I began experiencing the WORST burning pain that I have EVER felt!  So...instead of her withdrawing the needle - she plunged it further into my vein - and I could barely contain my tears!  Oh my gosh!  The hot burning pain pulsated - racing up my arm!  Finally - she withdrew the needle - and tried the other arm.  Thankfully - it was successful! 
I'm not too sure that I want her to do that one again!  Good gracious!!! :(
Worst lab experience I've ever gone through and pray I never experience again - EVER!

No comments: