Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day was soo nice!

I am so thankful for my children!  Everyone of them remembered me in special ways - and it made my heart warm and fuzzy!  I miss them so badly!  It's not easy when they all grow up and move away!  I don't get to see them or talk to them much.  Most times - I feel if I do call too much - they think of it as an intrusion.  In that respect - I tend to feel them pushing away and closing me off from their lives. 

But enough of that....

My son Josh spent the night - and we stayed up playing spades.  Later - Josh brought out his extra Wii hand controls - and Chris got the Tiger Woods Golf - so we played miniature golf.   We had such a great time!
Steve won!  Bummer....I came in last.....but then again - I didn't quite know how to use the controls.....ha ha!

Yesterday morning - we were running late, and so we ended up going to another church in Whitehouse - which is a lot closer to us!  It's not LongHollow - but it's still a nice church!  We met up with some wonderful friends, Lori and Darren Melching.  I just love them!  They are really sweet people!

In the morning before we left for church - I turned the oven on at 250 degrees and placed in the cut up vegetables that I prepared the night before.  Also added to the mix was russett baked potatoes and sweet potatoes - nicely wrapped in foil.  By the time we got home from church - the veggies were all cooked - and all that remained was firing up the BBQ'er.  YUM!  What an awesome lunch!  What an awesome fellowship with my children!  I enjoyed my time so much.

They remembered me!  My daughter Michelle left me a message on facebook, my son Matt text messaged me....(welcome to the new age of life...no one actually TALKS to you anymore!)  But anyway - it was nice to hear something.

My son Matt and Jessie sent a goody package with a new apron, (desperately needed - I may add), and 2 beautifully fluted yellow coffee cups.  I love them!  Along with a new rubber spatula!  All from Williams Sonoma - which is always wrapped so nicely!!!  Thank you Matt and Jessie for your thoughfulness.

Chris and Josh went in together to get me a HUGE designer clock.  It's really pretty!  I'll take pictures soon.
Also a card that said the sweetest things!  It made me want to cry!!! 

My daughter said the package from her and my son-in-law Jay was on it's way.....but I still have not received it.  Oh well....I'm looking forward to the surprise!  All in all - it was a nice day!

I did though - miss my mother.  I always will.  I cannot believe that it will be 5 years this May 25th since she died.

I did call my first mother-in-law Betty.  She wasn't feeling very well.  I sure miss her!  She was the one who taught me to cook!  And how to gracefully prepare a feast! 

Steve's mom died a few years ago too - so I'm sure that he was forelorn - only never said a word.  I guess guys don't.

Anyway......Happy Mom's day for all the moms out there!  Cherish EVERY moment as if it's your last - and be busy about creating precious memories!  As the memories are the only thing you will be left with.....and what you'll cherish the most.

3 comments:

RichFam said...

I am glad to hear you had a good Mother's Day! I hope my package gets there soon! The receipt said it was coming to you from Chattanooga, so it shouldn't take too long to get to you! When you get it, though, please keep in mind that my husband is unemployed, so we can't afford much. But when I saw it, I thought immediately of YOU! :o)

Much love and hugs to you, dear mother! :o)
Chell <><

Wilson News said...

The only thing missing was you and your family - along with Matt and Jessie! BUT....maybe one day we'll all be together again. I would love love love it! I'll let you know when my package arrives. Still nothing. Bummer...but it gives me something to anticipate! Love you my sweet and precious daughter! My only daughter! Sure nuf do love you sweet pea!!! :)

Wilson News said...

Also sweet-ami! You never have to buy me anything! Just to hear your voice ....that's all I really need! :) I love you always!