Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Creepy Critters . . .


While working hard on the reorganization of my garage - sorting, repacking, etc. I noticed a little critter on my trash can. It seems as though these little guys are EVERYWHERE since moving to the country! They change their colors according to their environment. I was surprised that this little guy didn't turn brown yet - but his back had started to turn a little brown. It's weird that they can change colors! Anyway, he was my working buddy - that I avoided and stayed clear from. When coming close to the area - I looked for him so not to get too close! They may be harmless - but who wants to chance it?????

I have heard that preying mantis' are good garden bugs because they eat bugs - but nothing could have prepared me for the sight I saw later in the afternoon when my little work buddy had caught a fly and was busily chomping on him. Ewwwww! Yuk! I stayed clear EVEN FURTHER AWAY after that! Bllaaaaa!

No comments: