Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Time to Gather . . . . A Time to Embrace . . . A Time to Say Good Bye . . .




















































The Family came together from various parts of the United States; Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Colorado, to name a few, to pay their last respects to my Sister-in-law Caroline. It was a difficult, sad and cold day - and the Fall weather and colors were evident everywhere. The magnificent trees in the cemetery where they laid her to rest had stunningly beautiful fall colors, the air was crisp and damp . . . but the wind and rain subsided some - to make it more bearable to stand out in it. I wish I had remembered to take pictures, but I didn't.
Camella brought Caroline's dog Monster, aka Goochy, aka Peanut. It was hard to watch this little fella say good bye to his beloved Caroline. I did take a picture - but don't think I should post it. He loved her so much! We all did! We all miss her tremendously! It helps to know that Caroline loved the Lord Jesus - and is with Him now, along with her daughter Kim, her mother Bessie Wilson and her brother Paul, along with countless others who went before her. Still . . . it doesn't help the ache go away . . . BUT . . .the hope that resides in my heart of hearts is the FACT that we WILL see all those who passed on before us again. We are aliens to this world - and just passin' through. My hope for eternity is In Heaven - our ETERNAL HOME - and we WILL see those who have passed on before us again. So - although my heart yearns to be with those we have lost - in that - I have peace - I know I will see them again.
Camella worked diligently to assure that there were pink ribbons for everyone in attendance to wear, as a reminder for the fight for breast cancer. There were pictures to reminisque as well -another thing that I forgot to get pictures of . . . .
Thank you for your continued prayers . . . they are so needed at this sorrowful time.

No comments: