Monday, October 6, 2008

A Meme? What's a Meme??? . . .

My niece Juliette tagged me for a "Meme" - which I have never heard of before today. Ok - not so unusual - since the word B L O G was never in my vocabulary either - so trying to keep an open mind . . . why not try this thing called a MEME . . . . here goes. . . .

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Oh my gosh! I can't even remember what I did last week - let alone 10 years ago! It's hard enough to remember what I did even yesterday? (Oh yeah! The garage . . . I remember that one for sure! Blaaa!!!) . . . Today? This morning?! Ahhhhh! You get the picture . . Let's see . . . . humm . . . . I was 10 years younger . .. . (sigh . . . ) and my children were 10 years younger (bigger sigh! . . . . so I felt 10 years younger! And my body felt 10 years younger . . .(wishful sigh . . . ) Oh! That's because I WAS 10 years younger! Da! Tee hee . . . I guess I'll have to see. . . and research my past Annual Christmas letters to reminisce . . .
This one really has totally me stumped!
2. Things on my "To Do" list for today/this week:

. . . The question is really - "What's NOT on my list of to-do's?!!!!"

For starters . . . . I have to say . . . moving boxes . . . . . . and moving yet more boxes. . . and (drum roll please . . . . ) MOVING STILL MORE BOXES . . . . . Did I mention moving boxes?! Oh yeah - I just did! Well . . . . at least I accomplished quite a lot of unpacking boxes and sorting and reorganizing the boxes in my Portland garage. I've nearly moved out of the Devonshire house completely, with the exception of the gargage. Urgh! But hopefully it won't take too much longer.
I loaded my car with stuff that I don't want and don't have room for - and I'm taking it to a place called Portland Cares. They are a 2nd hand store and help people with their bills, etc. So it's nice knowing it helps others. You know the saying! "One mans (errr uh - WOMAN'S) trash is another's treasures."
Tomorrow the bug guy is coming by - and as soon as he is finished I'll take off to the Devonshire house to clean up the mess from the electrician - who installed all new lights in the house. I cannot wait to see them! Our new tennants will be moving in soon and we have lots to do to get done to be ready for them. We are hoping that they are also our potential buyers too!

Wednesday I meet with my accountant to go over our company files and catch him up with all our job projects, etc. We are in transition of moving the office completely to the Brentwood PO Box. It's a crazy time - for sure! It's just too hard when traveling with all the files!

Thursday and Friday the Devonshire house gets new carpet and lineoleum in the kitchen, breakfast nook, den, bathroom and new family room, (old green room). The "Green Room" - I guess we'll call it the family room now because it won't have a green floor anymore. I LOVE the lineoleum we picked out - and the carpet will look sensational as well.

Saturday we will finish moving the rest of the furniture out of the Hendersonville house - and also clean out the garage. YUK! I'm NOT looking forward to it. I finished rearranging the house to make room for the last of the furniture to be moved to our new house. Whew! No wonder my muscles ache with fury! I'm soooo tired! I want to RESIGN from our new hobby of MOVING!

I still have much to go through to continue my downsizing! But it's getting their - slowly - but surely! I have sooooo much more - but I don't want to exhaust or bore you!


3. What is your favorite snack?
Can food in general count?! Oh well . . . .
Strawberries!!!!!!
I LOVE peach pie and vanilla ice cream . . . .
Strawberries and vanilla ice cream . . .
Frozen cool whip and strawberry jello
I love to snack on Mozerella cheese sticks
Carrot sticks sometimes
Ritz crackers and peanut butter - yum!
Ritz crackers and cheese is good too! But peanut butter is sooooo much better! But JIF ONLY - choosy moms choose - Jif - and that's ALL I'll eat!
I just like food - which is one reason - I need to lose weight!
Blaaaaaaaa!

4. If you were a millionaire, you would...
I would buy lots of acres so that we could build an airport - and my son Matt could operate and manage it - and my husband Steve could have hangars for his airplanes - and fly more - which HE LOVES TO DO! And now he wants an ultralight to his already growing list of wants. I would build a restaurant at the FBO - (airport), so that my daughter-in-law Jessie could have her Cafe' La la! A bed and breakfast - would be cool too! For elite VIP guests flying in! It would be the start of a town - and employ lots of people and their families!
I would also love to fund and operate a ministry that help people by giving them a place to live - while teach them a trade so they could be more productive in society and impact countless lives for Christ.

5. List 5 places you have lived.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Denver, Colorado
Aurora, Colorado

Parker, Colorado
Whitehall, Michigan
New Era, Michigan
Muskegon, Michigan
Oceanside, California
29 Palms, California
Carlsbad, California
Nashville, Tennessee
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Portland, Tennessee

Whoops! that's more than 5 - oh well . . . .
I couldn't decide!


6. List of 5 people you are tagging for this Meme.
If you want to do a Meme yourself - you're welcome to do it. Just copy the questions, delete my answers and answer them however you choose. Just let me know . . . . so I can read yours too!
Enjoy! Have fun! And just what did you do 10 years ago???? . . . . Blahooey! I've never been so stumped!

No comments: