Friday, September 4, 2009

The Biopsy is done...now we wait....for 11 LONG days!


My grand daughter Rebekah....made it through the biopsy on her tongue...and is still in the process of the anesthesia wearing off. Needless to say, she's a tad loopy! From what my daughter reported - she is asking what's wrong with her eyes...and wants to know why her daddy has 2 heads?!!! Yep...they sedated her pretty good!
Now we WAIT!!! September 15th seems too far from now.
Unfortunately, they were sent to an oral surgeon - and not an ears, nose and throat medical doctor to do the biopsy - so the insurance didn't cover the expenses! Oh brother! I hate all the bureaucratic red tape and the insurance companies!
Meanwhile, Bek is trying to come back to us...her tongue is swollen....and she can't eat solids for 3 days! I still don't know how Jay held his composure when she looked at Jay and asked, "Daddy, do I have cancer?" I would have lost it right there!
The oral surgeon said other things...like amino deficiency sydrome among other things. Bek has at times gotten weak and fainted before...maybe this is part of it....
All I can do is pray that this is NOT cancer!
Prayers sent above...to the Throne of Grace at the feet of Jesus...for a speedy recovery for my special grand daughter....my heart is hurting with her!
Heal quickly precious grandchild....I love you Rebekah!

No comments: