Thursday, September 3, 2009

Prayers for my Granddaughter Rebekah...undergoing biopsy for tongue cancer...


My heart is heavy today while while thinking about my grand-daughter Rebekah who will undergo a biopsy on her tongue for cancer tomorrow. Bek is only 8 years old....and so precious! She LOVES to sing and dance....and perform skits for anyone who will watch....and if they're not watching - she performs them anyway! She says that she wants to be a preacher, and a singer, and an actress when she grows up! She is so full of life...love....she is priceless! A rare jewel and gift from God!

After googling tongue cancer...I'm even more alarmed....and my prayers even more fervent!


Oh Lord in Heaven.....I love you....and I know that your ways are higher than our ways....yet - please Lord....I pray that this cup will pass from my grand daughter Rebekah! Please Father God in Heaven - you can do exceedingly abundantly above all that I could ever ask or hope for.....please take this biopsy and turn it around so that it will not test positive for cancer. Please let it be something simple. Heal her....show yourself mighty! You CAN DO ALL THINGS!

She is a little life - that loves you with her whole heart. I pray Lord - let this be something simple...and allow it to pass far from her so she won't have to go through this!

Thank you Lord...in Jesus name I pray all these things.....believing...


I love what my daughter Michelle wrote on her facebook page......It just reminds me of how we are in the hands of the Lord....and He knows every detail of our lives...and HE DOES care and loves us with a love that we cannot express in words.


We have complete trust in the Lord to know what is best for our family. His ways are higher than ours, and His timing is perfect (even when we don't understand His reasons). No matter what God chooses to do about our precious daughter, we will ever love and trust Him. "Though You may slay me, yet will I trust in You." Chell


Presently she does not know the seriousness of what she will be doing tomorrow..and it was hard for my daughter when Bek started asking questions...and looking in the mirror at her tongue and wanting to see everyone elses tongues to see if theirs looked the same as hers. She tried to brush her tongue - but the gray/white lesions don't come off! She asked her momma why?!

She asked her momma, "Why does everyone keep asking if I'm sick? I don't feel sick!"

And then she began to sing and dance around in the living room. Michelle teared up!


This is a difficult moment in life....a time to embrace...but a time to pray...to count our blessings and thank God for who He is....NOT what is going on in our lives......and so we wait...and pray....and trust ....


Give us strength, O Lord, give us strength.....




No comments: