Saturday, September 5, 2009

Prayers continue for my Grand-daughter Rebekah...




It doesn't seem possible or thinkable that such a precious child at age 8 could be facing something so serious as cancer...
All I can do is pray, "Lord, please don't make this child go through this"
I try to think of other things...and when I hear her sweet voice...I just can't imagine the unthinkable!
Ten days to go and counting... Praying that the results of the biopsy will be negative for cancer.
Bek called me this morning bouncing with excitement and talking as fast as she could, giggling, and explaining to me that..."It hurts a little when I talk...but I gotta talk Grandma" She paused...."You know!?"
I had to laugh! Yes...she did talk....and told me countless things.....giggling and bubbly !
So far - I haven't heard the news if she remembers asking her daddy if she has cancer....I hope it's pushed out of everyone's minds - mostly hers....being preoccupied with other things in life....but the underlying thoughts never seem to fade completely!
The scripture that I cannot get out of my mind is:
The earth is the Lord's and everything in it...Psalm 24:1
We are created for God's pleasure....we are the apple of His eye... His children....and I've no doubt that when Bek sings and says she wants to be a preacher and sing about Jesus - that somehow...it tickles the heart of God....It tickles my heart....She is such a delight!
I remember when she was 2 years old....and she got ahold of her Uncle's microphones - throwing down her plastic Barbie microphone...she sang Jesus loves me - perfectly...and then took a bow saying, "Thank you very much!"
Ha ha! Don't you love it. That same year she told me she wanted to get into her best dress because she was preaching...and then when dressed she called everyone in the house to come into the livingroom because she was preaching.
I can still hear her saying, "Come one everyone, come in her....I'm preaching!" And then when we all arrived...she began her sermon...totally ad libed.....sooo cute!
Just gotta love that girl!

No comments: