Tuesday, November 18, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS CAKE






For as long as I can remember I have tried to create traditions for my family.
My absolute FAVORITE holiday is Christmas!!!!!
I love to do things that reminisque of the reason we celebrate Christmas to begin with . . . .
The birth of Jesus Christ -
the long awaited Messiah!
So, I make a cake and we celebrate His birthday! I look up Scriptures of God's promises and roll them up in the prettiest wrapping paper and tie them off with a ribbon. We open God's promises before we open our gifts to one another. Along with singing songs that remind us of His birth.

Happy Birthday Jesus Cake
1. The cake is round - A symbol of never ending love for us
2. Chocolate cake - A symbol of darkness that sin brings to us
3. White frosting - A symbol of purity covering our weaknesses and reminds us of how Jesus washes us clean
4. Topped with a star and an angel - A symbol of the barriers of the first glad tiding of Jesus' birth
5. Twelve candles - A symbol representing the 12 months of the year that Christ is our light
6. Red (Holly Berries) - A symbol of the blood that Jesus shed for us
7. Circling the cake is the evergreen - A symbol of the everlasting light of Jesus Christ

So - this year - while you're caught up in the hustle and bustle of that last minute shopping day to buy the last gift - take time to stop and remember the reason why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.

Without the birth of Christ - there would not be a Christmas to celebrate. The link below is a video depicting Jesus' birthday party . . . .

It made me stop and think! And think some more!

Let's keep Christ in Christmas this year and celebrate his birth, resurrection, and life everlasting. When we know Him as our Savior, we will spend an eternity in Heaven. He is my best friend - and I don't know what I would do without Him. I hope you know Him too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MafI0h8P4tw&eurl=http://jacobhi.blogspot.com/2007/12/happy-birthday-jesus.html

No comments: