Saturday, November 1, 2008

No ghosts and goblins this year

This year was a little out of the ordinary. The usual Halloween night in past years has found me opening the front door being met with a solid stream of trick-or-treaters for several hours - and quickly running out of candy. Not this year however, I didn't get one ghost, goblin or Elvis impersonator! Oh well . . . .I guess that's what happens when you move out of the city and into the country. But it's actually a welcome relief! Whew! Halloween is my least favorite holiday - as with each passing year it has become more morbid and the blatant and obvious glorification of death is apparent. Of course, it was a holiday that I utilized to spread the Good News of Jesus by passing out salvation tracts to all those trick-or-treaters. For that - I will miss it!

No comments: