Sunday, November 16, 2008

IT SNOWED!!! IT SNOWED!!!


SURPRISE!!!


I awoke this morning to see that it snowed. Now some of you may laugh at our snow - but this is BIG in Tennessee - because it doesn't snow much. The most we ever get is a dusting.

Well . . . . Except for the time when my neice Juliette came to stay with us for her internship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She will tell you a different story! I can't remember how many inches it snowed that year - but what would normally take a half hour to get home - took her (I think) nearly 7 hours. (correct me Juliette if that's wrong). Matter of fact - it was so bad that she had to park a considerable distance from the house due to dangerous ice and a trash truck that crashed blocking the road making it impossible to pass. My son Josh drove as far as he could to get her - and then she walked down to where he met her so Josh could drive her home. It was an adventure - and a COLD ONE TOO - that we will never forget! Actually - that was the last time we have ever gotten a substantial snowfall since I've lived in Tennessee!

No comments: