Saturday, March 5, 2011

My brother-in-law Charley Crispin was buried today....

My heart is heavy today...for the Crispin and Wilson families as they gather today in Crawfordsville, Indiana to bury my brother-in-law Chuck (Charley) Crispin.

Online condolences can be made at:
http://powprifh.frontrunnerpro.com/runtime/68240/runtime.php?NavigatorId=262231&SiteId=68240&ItemId=664698&op=tributeMemorialCandles&viewOpt=dpaneOnly

He was 77 years old. I knew he was having a hard time.  He had cancer of the blood - which subsequently attacked the muscles in his legs causing his inability to walk any longer.  He suffered!  He is now - hopefully - in peace and at HOME with the Lord in Heaven!  At least that is what I pray!  I didn't realize he was so close to dying...

Sadly however, I didn't know his beliefs - or if he had faith in Jesus.

I do pray that he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior!  Because then I would know that at the very moment he took his last breath on earth - he took his new breath of life eternally in the presence of God!  I know that we are all appointed by God....once to die!  We never know really when that day will be....which is all the more reason we need to live each day as if it is our last.

Why gamble on your eternal fate????? 

We ALL live forever!  But our decision to accept Christ or reject him will determine our eternal destination! 

Despite what some may believe, however, just being a "good person" doesn't get you into Heaven's door!    The ONLY way into the gates of Heaven is through Jesus Christ, the Son of God! And unless we come like children - we will never enter the Kingdom.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6

The scriptures teach us that there is none righteous - not even one - we have all fallen short of the glory of God!  Romans 3:10  In simple terms:  There is NOTHING we can do to EARN our way in!!!  It's not a merit system.....It's an unconditional and undeserving....... LOVE !!!  God's love....that cannot be expressed or explained in human terms!

                    ...............at times I find myself in wonderment...............

We do serve a compassionate God....slow to anger  - abounding in love, where the first will be last - and the last first.  It's God's desire that none perish - but all come to the saving knowledge of Jesus.  I hope Charley is reuniting with those gone before.....through Heaven's door....where there is an inexpressible peace that passes all understanding...where God IS the light!  No more pain, no more suffering.....sometimes I can almost hear that heavenly choir!!!

 Do not let your hearts be troubled.
 Trust in God; trust also in me. 
In my Father's house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and  prepare  a place for you,
 I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 
You know the way to the  place where I am going.  John 14:1-4

I pray for my sister-in-law Doris.....she lost and buried her husband today. I'm not quite sure how many years they've been married - but quite a few.  It's hard not to think that she will follow soon - as her health isn't good, and her demensia is rapidly more pronounced.  She cannot manage well to take care of herself - and I suspect there will be a family meeting today to discuss what they need to do to care for her.

That's one thing I highly commend my husband's family about.....they DO take care of their family members!!!  They always have!  God bless them!!!

....basking in God's presence.....there is no greater place I'd rather be!  How He calms my heart and stores my tears! I truly believe that Crystal Lake....is comprised of all our tears!  I know I'll see it one day - when God finally calls me home!

Do you know Jesus???

No - I don't mean do you know ABOUT Him!

Do you KNOW Jesus???
Is your name written in the Lamb's Book of Life???

If you really don't...then I pray that you will confess your sins before
Him and ask Him to come and live inside your heart today!
He is the ONLY way into Heaven's gates!








No comments: