Friday, March 4, 2011

....solemn day.....just kinda got the blues!

Yep....I just kinda got the blues!

:(

Why are you downcast, O my soul? 
Why so disturbed within me?
 Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise Him,
my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:5


I really need Him today! (GOD - that is!)  My heart is weary and tired!  Lots of stress....lots of troubles....lots of losses....  LOTS of them!

Some days are better than others!  It's not like I wake up one morning and decide "Oh - hey, I'm going to feel bad today!"  It just happens!  Sometimes it comes upon you suddenly from a bad experience, etc.  But at other times - the depression sets in like nothing else!  Almost like a heavy cloud that sits upon you and lasts for what seem like an eternity......  Hope diminishes - and laughter disappears from your life becoming a foreign entity.  All too often - those that get caught in it's snare start believing that death would relieve the pain!

Let me assure you ......

 DEATH DOES NOT REMOVE THE PAIN! 

And those that take the necesssary steps to end their lives - only wake up to an ETERNITY
WITHOUT HOPE
WITHOUT ESCAPE
and seal their fate FOREVER!
Then there IS NO ESCAPE!

Only Jesus Christ - can heal your pain and sadness.
And without Him....we have NO HOPE of an eternity in Heaven!

I say this in sadness - as so many, young and old alike, have been taken captive by Satan's deceptive schemes and took their lives!  Those loved ones remaining - are left to bear an unbearable pain that I cannot begin to understand!  It aches in the thought...I cannot imagine the reality of it.

So in a nutshell....if you think ending your life is the answer??? ...
PLEASE KNOW that it's NOT!!!
I am convinced however.....that despite our "FEELINGS" and emotions are concerned - we cannot live by what we FEEL!  We MUST live by the TRUTH of the WORD of God.

I do understand however, that when your feelings run amuck...and life seems to be crashing down around you - one of the last things you want to do is read the Bible!  The answers just don't come quick enough....and all you can think about is ending the pain!  I suppose that's WHY it's so important that we KNOW the Word......beforehand!  As it's in the Word - that we find the answers to help us cope with our trials!
Thy Word I have hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.....Psalm 119:11

The Bible tells us that the heart is deceitful and desperately wicked! 
There are times when our minds will think all sorts of irrational thoughts! 
A war breaks out in our conscience......
A battle! - NO DOUBT of good vs evil...and everything in between!
Can we trust ourselves???
NO!
Not always!!!
The outcomes of our belief system....our perspectives.....
OUR - MIND OVER MATTER
will outweigh all common sense - rantional or irrational.

The battle wages war within ourselves...and we become our own worst critic!
The ONLY thing that we can be truly certain of is - the love of God!!!
The TRUTH will set you free...and if the Son sets you free - you will be free indeed.

...Days when I feel like throwing in the towel because I don't think I can manage the battle any longer.....somehow Christ steps in....and by the power of the Holy Spirit...and through other brothers and sisters in Christ - help to encourage, to strengthen....and embrace one another!
Are we not to bear one another's burdens?  YES!
We are also to spur one another to love and good deeds!
Encourage one another by the Word!
Forgetting NOT the assembly of one another - and even more as we see the day
of Christ Jesus approaching!
AND
Jesus is coming soon!!!
I pray you're prayed up and ready!

How we need our brothers and sisters in the Lord! Especially in these last days!
It doesn't matter if you've known each other for umpteen years, used to attend church together - or never met before!  We share the same Lord, the same Word of God that we study and LOVE....we are family - a family that will live together forever eternally.
FOREVER!
ETERNALLY!
Once we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord....
We become THE FAMILY OF GOD!!!
Heirs to the Throne of Grace....

Have we resisted temptations to the point of shedding droplets of blood? Doubtful.
Christ prayed that the Father would take this cup from Him....yet God didn't.
Jesus submitted and became obedient unto death on the cross -
that we....me - a hopeless and sinful person.....
may have the free gift of salvation...and eternity with God the Father.
Thank you Jesus. 

I am so undeserving!

WHEN....I am so down - and I began to think only of the calamities of my life, along with all the mistakes, stupid choices, regrets..........etc. (And I will assure you - that I have made terrible choices, bad decisions, enmeshed in tremendous sin........Lord forgive me......AND - He did - when he died on the cross for me!)
 IT'S THEN......
That I MUST look around to see the simple things in life....that really when you think about it - isn't all that simple.  The colors, the trees, the wind...the roof over my head, the birds that sing....the list is endless when reflecting in the glory of God! Even in the thought of how many VARIETIES are there in just the OAK leaf???  Soo very many!
He counts the hairs on your head!  He stores our tears in a bottle!  He cares....about every detail in our lives!  EVERY DETAIL!

Lord - help us in  these uncertain times........Help us to draw closer to hear - and listen to your voice - tell us which way to walk - and then help us, give us courage - to walk in it!
Pour your spirit across this earth....the days are so evil!  Sadly - far too many have chosen rebellion....and have chosen a life without you....sealing their eternal doom in the Lake of Fire!
Draw their hearts to you!  Before it's too LATE! 

4 comments:

RichFam said...

You just need to come to OH and visit your grandbabies! :o)

Covnitkepr1 said...

Yes...there is scripture for every mood. Love this blog.
You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower. I didn’t see a follow widget on this site, but if you put one up...I will gladly follow you as well.

Wilson News said...

Thank you for the encouragement. I don't know how to make a blog following thing??? Hmmm...I will investigate!
Yes, Chell....My grandchildren NEED their gramma don't they???! Hee hee! I thought about coming up there after the funeral today - but the storm hit hard - and I was scared to make the drive. (I hydroplaned a bit trying to dodge the flooded roads...and it scared me!)
I will put that into consideration! :)

Wilson News said...

A follow-the-blog widget? How? Where? I'm working on finding it.